Check out what’s going on in Hudson County, New Jersey!
The following events are a part of Assemblyman Charles Mainor’s Safe Neighborhood Project:
Shoot Hoops Not Guns – 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
November 20, 2011 at NJCU
Registration is now open, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In collaboration with Kids 4 Kids, Team Mainor is hosting a clothing drive to benefit needy youth in Kenya and those affected by Hurricane Irene in Paterson, New Jersey. Gently used clothing can be donated at Asm. Mainor’s office, located at 485-7 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Jersey City, NJ.
Hudson Partnership CMO
The following events are a part of CMO’s Enrichment Program. Registration is required for all of the workshops. Please contact Steven Campos at 201-537-1429 to register.
- “I Need You, You Need Me”: Support Group for parents of children with special needs. October 21st from 11:00am-1:00pm. Provided by the Hudson County Family Support Organization ( 895 Bergen Ave. Jersey City, NJ)
-Are you stressed out? Need someone to talk to? Need a place to vent?
-Do you have questions about mental health and your child?
-Come and get support and get informed
- Community Service Event. Food Drive Organized by Dvine Konektion, CDC- 611-56th Street, West New York on October 15th from 10:00am-3:00pm( Separate prep night October 12 from 5:00-7:00pm)
– Volunteers will assist with handing out hot meals, groceries and baby supplies
– Hudson Partnership will mail certificates of attendance for teens that would like to submit them for community service hours
- Ben and Jerry’s “I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream” Field Trip! October 18th from 6:00-8:00pm. Hosted by Hoboken’s TRUE mentors program. ( Providing Hoboken students 7-17 with caring and responsible mentors)
-Limited space for this outing so call and register soon! First come first serve.
- Free Yoga Classes at Symposia Book Store 510 Washington St. in Hoboken Oct 11th and 18th at 7:00pm
-Symposia is now opening its doors to a totally new environment for yoga practice: small classes, taught in a supportive, non-competitive manner, with lots of individual attention.
-Pre registration is required. Please call 201 805 1739
- Fishing with Friends and Family in Bayonne. Mentors and Parents are invited to bring out their kids that love fishing or are curious about trying it for the first time. October 22 from 10:00am-12:00pm.
-light snacks, beverages and worms provided
-Bring your own fishing pole. Call in advance if you need a pole
- Seminarios en dos partes paras familias que hablan español, con niños recién llegados a este país. Una terapista licenciada va hablar sobre los problemas culturales, sociales y psicológicos que pueden afrontar. October 24 5:00-6:00pm ( St. Josephs Church 6401 Palisade Ave. Lower Community Room)
-Licensed clinician will speak to parents about the cultural, social and psychological challenges a child encounters when coming to a new country.
- Mind and Body Workout Workshop. Speaking to Teens about Child Abuse and its effects on children and a families, Followed by Physical Fitness Challenge. October 27th 6:30-8:00pm at Woodcliff Community Church after school youth program 7605 Palisade Ave, North Bergen NJ
-Teens will learn about the different forms of child abuse and what happens to a family involved with D.Y.F.S. ( Division of Youth and Family Services)
-Physical Fitness Trainer will time test the ability of teens to complete Fitness Challenge.